In 2005, Federal Realty partnered with the City of Somerville to bring Assembly Row to life, to give the people of our city a place to come together. And today, Federal Realty is proud to continue their work, developing new shops and experiences.
Federal Realty is committed to supporting the community.
- Contributed nearly $100 million for improvements to parks, utilities, and city streets
- Funded the new Baxter State Park that serves families, residents and visitors
- Contributed $15 million toward the design and construction of first new Orange Line MBTA stop in more than 25 years
- Developed free community programming, including the annual Riverfest that celebrated its 10th year in 2017
- Worked, partnered and committed to more than 100 local organizations
- Contributed more than $2.5 million to the City of Somerville for city parks, recreation and other municipal uses
- Donated to The City of Somerville’s Summer Youth Jobs Program, investing in hundreds of youth jobs for Somerville residents
"It never would have happened without our community, and the partnership with FRIT. Assembly Row will do so much to improve our quality of life and greater access to the Mystic River, a place you can live, work, shop, play and a neighborhood that is still so Somerville"
– Mayor Joseph Curtatone, Faces of Assembly Row Series
"This is the poster child for what we should be doing across the Commonwealth."
– Jay Gonzalez, Secretary of Administration and Finance for Governor Deval Patrick.
"I've never seen anything in the retail development anywhere in New England that even compares to this. When all of the Assembly Row project is completed, people are going to realize that it really is a city within a city."
– Anthony Radzikowski, Owner of Ernesto's Pizza, Eater Boston
"The atmosphere it adds to Somerville is a tremendous change of pace that we needed in that part of the city! Our community is constantly improving and Assembly Row is a perfect example of how well as far as improvements go.”
– Mitchell Bowe, Facebook
"I think we know why Somerville loves you Assembly Row. You have revitalized an area that was unsafe and unused. You transformed our waterfront, and made it a safe, friendly and fun place that embraces the community. My favorite part of Assembly? Community events, close eating, shopping and beautiful space. Thank you!"
– Danielle Bucknam, Facebook